I keep thinking about Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis, PrEP, which is a pill that when taken daily protects against HIV. I wrote about PrEP recently, but I’m surprised about one thing I read about PrEP-very few people are using it. I wonder why that is? Why if someone is at risk for getting HIV, why wouldn’t they do everything they could to protect themselves? I guess the same question could be asked about condoms-why wouldn’t someone simply use a condom to decrease their risk of getting HIV or any STD? I don’t get it.
- Parenting Teens Who May Be Sexually Active shar.es/1024yQ via @sharethis 14 hours ago
- Better safe than pregnant and sorry-okay to begin contraception even if only sort of thinking about having sex. wp.me/p2bieR-1aT 1 day ago
- “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion’." Muhammad Ali 3 days ago
- Ask Well: How Does Ebola Spread? How Long Can the Virus Survive? nyti.ms/1rU6mQz via @nytimeswell 6 days ago
- It takes only 5 steps to reach and maintain a healthy weight. Curious? Find out more at wp.me/p2bieR-1aL 1 week ago