I keep thinking about Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis, PrEP, which is a pill that when taken daily protects against HIV. I wrote about PrEP recently, but I’m surprised about one thing I read about PrEP-very few people are using it. I wonder why that is? Why if someone is at risk for getting HIV, why wouldn’t they do everything they could to protect themselves? I guess the same question could be asked about condoms-why wouldn’t someone simply use a condom to decrease their risk of getting HIV or any STD? I don’t get it.
- Ask Well: How Does Ebola Spread? How Long Can the Virus Survive? nyti.ms/1rU6mQz via @nytimeswell 1 day ago
- It takes only 5 steps to reach and maintain a healthy weight. Curious? Find out more at wp.me/p2bieR-1aL 2 days ago
- Go to sleep for success and health-start school 1/2 hr later-students get more sleep, better grades, test scores. wp.me/p2bieR-1aI 4 days ago
- “All the secrets of the world are contained in books. Read at your own risk.” Lemony Snicket wp.me/p2bieR-1aF 5 days ago
- Nurse in your purse app-Planned Parenthood of MN and WA offer video visits. Add $45 to get birth control in the mail. wp.me/p2bieR-1aC 1 week ago