I was lucky to be interviewed today about pets, and to prepare I went to the American Academy of Pediatrics’ site for families, www.healthychildren.org to read what advice is given to families about pets. I found out that even though most animals are friendly, children and young teens are the two groups most likely to be bitten by animals. Here’s the link to the article about Safety Around Animals http://www.healthychildren.org/English/safety-prevention/at-home/Pages/Safety-Around-Animals.aspx. I think the key is to be respectful and careful around animals, even your own pet. By the way, the picture is of me with HCMC’s Bernie the Rescue dog.
- “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” Maya Angelou wp.me/s2bieR-change 1 day ago
- Managing stress-remember that getting help from a counselor is often the best treatment for stress. wp.me/p2bieR-Oi 2 days ago
- Before you speak-think. Find out how. wp.me/p2bieR-Od 3 days ago
- It's not you, it's them-counseling helps you know you are okay. The issue isn't you, it’s those being mean to you. wp.me/p2bieR-Ob 4 days ago
- A good day can mean a good week and maybe even a good month of healthy eating. wp.me/p2bieR-O8 5 days ago