This week has seen many protests across the U.S. related to the shooting of an unarmed teenager in Florida. Dissent through protests can be healthy because it allows us to say out loud and together with others that we disagree with something and want it changed. In fact it shows commitment to causes, which is a normal part of developing into a healthy adult. Protesting is powerful and there is actually information that explains how to protest. For example, here is a link to a brochure for the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Florida that contains information on the rights of protesters, http://www.aclufl.org/pdfs/right_to_protest_brochure.pdf. Check the ACLU in your area for more information.
- On your own and eating well-try making the fish sticks and spiced apples meal. wp.me/s2bieR-3209 3 hours ago
- RT @HennepinMedical: How to tell if a child is malnourished: ow.ly/m9qa9 @KSTP @drj4teenhealth @newsreply Dr. Diana Cutts interv… 11 hours ago
- Ideas to help you sleep well. wp.me/p2bieR-PH 1 day ago
- “You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.” A.A.Milne 2 days ago
- Ten things transgender persons should discuss with their healthcare care provider from GLMA. wp.me/p2bieR-PC 3 days ago